Labels Make it Easy to Judge Others

The reason why I don’t always label myself in all areas of my life is because if someone can’t label you, then they can’t judge you. So it gives back the person power to be and helps others not receive the backlash of their judgement because what you send out into the world returns to you with the same measure. 

How do you judge something you don’t even know? And why would that person need your judgement if your judgement is based off of your perception, not their reality? Would it even be of any help? There’s a good chance if you’re already negatively judging someone, you’ve come to a conclusion in your mind of whether that person matched your personal morality scale or not. 

Through labeling, it allows us to define it according to our understanding and then make a judgement comparing it to the scales of morality we deem fit. Maybe she wears short shorts and you see anyone who wears short shorts as not moral. Or maybe she swears and so you consider her less moral than you. 

However, if you keep your label open, then that requires people to be open because they don’t know how to close you off into their preconceived judgements based off of their perception rooted in whatever beliefs they already have about it.

It’s like if I’m posting videos of me cuddling with a girl. If I don’t say anything, some people might assume I’m heterosexual I’ve just always liked to cuddle. Others might assume I’m Asexual but homo-romantic, and others may assume I’m flat out gay, but the reality is, no one knows for sure because I didn’t label my sexuality or lack of it, so they cannot judge that which is not defined!

There is freedom in this because if someone really wants to know say what your sexuality is, it forces people who are curious to ask you rather than to assume and then you’re much more likely to convey your reality to them where they will try to understand rather than just judge you about it.

Labels can come in handy for helping other like minded people for finding other like minded people, but with the wrong people it can be used as a weapon of judgement hurting for sure the person judging and potentially the person they are judging based on if they accept that judgement or not. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83