Entry 324 - Beauty vs Attraction

9/30/20

There’s a difference between seeing someone as beautiful and being attracted to them. The first is inherent in every soul; the other is specific to a personal soul. The first is the reality of every human being, the latter a desire to fulfill the dualistic part of our humanity.

I see beauty in the same way as I see being. Just as we exist, we are beautiful. I don’t think there is a single soul on this earth who isn’t beautiful. I’m not talking just about looks, human reactions, behaviors, or personality, but deep down, the essence of who they are.

Attraction, on the other hand, is your response to someone outside of you. There is something about that person that compels you, that draws you in, that makes you want to know them in a deeper and more intimate way. You feel safe around them, almost a special type of security that you don’t feel with others.

You feel as if you could get vulnerable with that person, let them hold your heart, and they would let you hold theirs. It isn’t entirely sexual, nor is it entirely psychological. It’s a complex blend of many components that create attraction. And at its deepest core, it’s humanity’s desire to fulfill the duality in their form of personal expression.

Even though we are more than our form and more than duality, this is a way for our hearts to experience something deeper than oneself. To branch out and see oneself in another and another in oneself. In a paradoxical sense, fulfilling the duality in our form helps us rise above duality and enter the dimension of wholeness.

We see beyond the patterns, the desires, everything bound by form, and enter a higher dimension of love for all. You don’t need to be with only one person to get there, but nonetheless, it is one way of many ways to see the true wholeness and unity in life.

So when I look at a person, even if I don’t find them attractive, I can still see them as beautiful. I can see their value. I can see they have a purpose. They have the ability to contribute positively to the world. I can see the beauty in the uniqueness of their looks, their expression, their personality, their passions, and so on.

Knowing that they serve a purpose I never could. They’re impacting people in a way I never could. They’re just as much a part of this universe as I am or anyone else is. Whether they know many or few, they still matter, and they’re still beautiful just the way they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83