Entry 99 - Quote of the Day from Michael Leonard

9/26/19

Benjamin taught us that successful people intentionally direct their subconscious to help them with problems before going to sleep. A great morning routine actually starts the night before. As Thomas Edison said, “Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious."

Now, each night I spend 5–10 minutes using my journal to think of what I am trying to accomplish. I start by writing my three wins for the day to feel accomplished and proud of the day. Then, I look at my goals and ask some questions about why I am struggling to achieve them. Instead of thinking of them hard, I write out the problem and several questions asking for answers. This will give my subconscious mind something to work on while I sleep.

Lastly, I write out some of my goals as already being completed. For example, instead of saying “I want to be a professional golfer” I write “I am a professional golfer on the PGA Tour.” Then I visualize for a few minutes each of these dreams as already completed to give myself a positive visual image before going to bed.

Instead of waking up early and attempting to journal, meditate, and visualize Benjamin showed us the best process. Now I write in my journal with a purpose. After creating a vision board for my 2018 goals I stare at it and write down my goals in specific details. I write about them happening. I write in detail how they will happen, when they will happen and what it will feel like when they are accomplished

This helps give my subconscious mind a clear image of what I am trying to achieve. I usually do this after 10–15 minutes of using the “Primed Mind” app or meditation.

Journaling will help reframe your subconscious and reshape your identity by using it as a vehicle to consciously create your intended future.

As Ben said, “Environmental design is different. It’s about creating conditions that make your success inevitable. For example, if you want to be focused at work, you need to remove all distractions from your physical and digital workspace. If you want to eat healthy, remove all of the unhealthy foods from your house. If you want to get creative insights, get out of town and relax for a day or two.”

The last major lesson I’ve learned is the importance of investing in yourself. As Warren Buffett said, “The greatest investment you can make is in yourself.”

- Michael Leonard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83