Entry 184 - Thoughts on Thoughts

1/10/20

I'm not impressed with what religion you ascribe to, I'm impressed with how much you are like God.

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

                - Ephesians 4:22‭-‬24 

The secret to a happy life is finding happiness within and being content with that which is without.

Jesus could have written the New Testament, but he didn't, I wonder why? If Jesus' purpose was to give us a perfect canon, why did he not write it? Because if he did, there would be no one more qualified than him to produce the New Testament.

God also could've written the Bible and made it be slowly lowered to the Earth and have it be perfect, but He didn't... Why?

Do Christians put more emphasis on the words about God than God Himself? Do they ostracize those who don't do as they do? Do they create infallibility out of fallibility?

I'm not impressed by what religion you're in. I'm impressed if you can control yourself in differing circumstances with a peace of mind that surpasses all understanding.

Just because you're a Christian doesn't make you a master of thyself. 

God is the foundation, but people confuse God's presence with religion's dictations.

I'm not impressed by what religion you're in. I'm impressed if you can control yourself in differing circumstances with a peace of mind that surpasses all understanding.

As painful as it was, my ex-boyfriend was the type of spiritual teacher I needed... The final one to make me realize and release me from expecting religion to save and define me, and rather solely rely on God Himself.

Stop expecting other people to give you truth. Cease cherishing opinions.

"Most humans on the planet derive their identity from their thoughts.  So the thought is invested with self. You derive your sense of self from form because every thought is a thought-form.  Many spiritually inclined people look for the ‘truth’, hopefully at some point within, but it first starts outside of them." 

        - Quote from somewhere

If I can't control it, I flow with it.

The secret to loving everybody genuinely is to see yourself within everybody. Then you don't feel burdened to love, but blessed to love.

You naturally love them deeply because you see them just as much a part of you as your own hands.

Where one begins and the other ends, no one knows. Instead, we simply watch the river of love flow.✨🌊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83