Entry 125 - The Righteous Anger of God

10/28/19

In all my life, I have never felt the way I feel now. As I write this, my hands shake at the emotion I feel. Now I get why God continually called His people out of wicked lands such as Chaldea for Abraham, Sodom and Gomorrah for Lot and his family, and Egypt for Moses and the Israelites. Remaining in a place where there's so much evil, it literally makes me want to throw up. Where the people around you are doing the worst things you've never witnessed and that make you physically sick. It must have been such a relief for Abraham, Moses, and Lot to leave that behind and start a new life serving God in an environment that isn't plagued with sin and wickedness.

It's one thing when someone sins, it's a whole other thing when someone not only sins, but they deeply enjoy it, and they look forward to the next time they can do it again. Where they are so attached to evil that it's like it follows them wherever they go, leaving a long rancid stench in every area of their life. When someone acts unjustly, the first instinct is to stoop down to their level and give them a taste of their own medicine. However, if you can resist that urge and pray to God, He will do a much better job at repaying them for the evil they try to throw on others. If I feel disgusted by this, I can't imagine how disgusted God feels by seeing evil being done all over the world. It has given me a completely new perspective that I've never seen before in my life.

When someone seems to be escaping the law, doing really wicked things, and hurting you without apologizing, it almost seems unreal that a person could be this identified with evil. But at the same time, everyone every single day has the choice to either choose death or to choose life, and whatever they choose will one day be manifest sooner or later. Knowing that God is a just God and that there is order, and He will repay all for their actions, that has given me peace knowing that I don't have to try

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83