Entry #15 - Lesson on Cycles of Discontentment

Something I realized about myself is it's so easy for me to fall into this cycle of longing for certain moments. It's summer, but I want to be on the slopes shredding. But then it becomes winter, and I want to be laying on the beach baking like a potato. 

I call this cycles of discontentment. "I'd be happy if.." I'm making my happiness conditional on a certain location, rather than being aware of all the reasons why I can be happy in my present location.

It might be hard at first, especially when we're in the midst of trials, but once we cultivate this mindset of finding what makes us happy in the present, we can retrain ourselves to get the most out of each moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83