Entry 296 - Boundaries For All

8/26/20

Having set and precise boundaries for each person is not a bad thing, it’s a form of self-respect and realizing your self-worth. Naturally, if you don’t, people could pass those bounds for their own benefit but not for yours, and it’s awkward having to go through that over and over again. It turns you into a people pleaser because then it’s always on their terms because they know you’re okay with that.

I don’t feel bad at all for having different precise boundaries for each person. For example, someone I know who is more hot-tempered and more attracted to conflict related scenarios, I make sure to be very aware, very open, very on guard so that I give them no ground to start a conflict of any type. I don’t go very deep into my personal life, I use not so charged words to make sure they don’t use any of my words for fuel to spiral into anger, and I make sure to not spend a lot of time with them.

Other people I am more comfortable, and I’m not so on guard with everything I do or say, I make more jokes. I laugh more. I’m more vulnerable because I feel like the person has my best interest in mind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 81

Journal Discourse 83