Entry 413 - Wholeness Became Sin... Really?

Feb. 18th

If God truly did die on the cross, then that would mean everything else died with God because without God, there is nothing. Without the Source, there is no substance.

So, to say God died is to say everything ceased to exist, and that doesn't make any sense. However, if Jesus was some sort of incarnation or part of God but not the whole of God, it could work, but a part is different from the whole. My arm is a part of me, but it isn't fully me.

When you talk to me, you look at my eyes and engage with my facial expressions. You don't stare at my arm and talk to it. So, to say that the arm is fully me is blasphemous because we know it isn't fully me. Just as the eyes are the window to the soul, the whole is more than the parts of a whole.

But let's take this even further. To say even a part of God died is still strange. The arm analogy is in relation to still, physical form, so it is not a fully adequate example. God is beyond the limitations of form, so we need to see it how God is, as whole.

How could God become sinful and die, when God in itself cannot be sin? Death means sin, and to assume sin became God is to go against everything He is.

So, did God (wholeness), our Creator, die on the cross?

Unless sinless death was the sacrifice for all, but how could one die a sinless death when sin is death?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Discourse 84

Journal Discourse 79

Journal Discourse 81